July is quickly approaching and it just hit me we are actually in the 2nd half of the year. Time really flies these days. When we were kids it’s like time stood still. Many of us (I included) usually write down a list of goals/ resolutions for the new year. Most of us quickly forget about them by the end of January. For example during the month of January it is quite hard to find parking space in gyms and you need to go really early if you want to get the best spot during that aerobic/zumba session but as the year progresses, parking space is readily available 🙂
As much as life has happened and we’ve quickly let our goals/ resolutions slip, there is still 6 more months that we can use to make a difference. There is HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are some ways you can still ensure that you achieve your 2017 goals:
- Write down specific goals for every area of your life, this could be spiritual goals, financial goals, career goals, business goals, family goals etc. Something happens when you write down your goals
- Breakdown the main goals into mini goals that can be easily accomplished. These small wins will encourage you to go on and give you momentum to continue. Your mini goals can be broken down into weekly, monthly, quarterly and eventually your 2017 goal is achieved.
- Review your goals on a regular basis. This reminds you of the goals that you wrote down. It also gives you the opportunity to check if your goals are still achievable or if you need to adjust them as time goes by.
- Get an accountability partner who will keep tabs on you and always remind you when you get side tracked. They will also encourage you especially on days when you are down.
- Celebrate the little milestones that you accomplish along the way. This gives you the morale to continue in the same momentum.
It’s still possible to achieve your goals……………………..GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!